Last updated on
These sheet pan buttery sweet potatoes are an easy sweet potato side dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. I love the combination of roasting sweet potatoes in butter and sprinkling them with salty bleu cheese.
Buttery sweet potatoes oven baked with bleu cheese
Love sweet potatoes? Try these twice baked sweet potatoes.
If you’ve had trouble cooking sweet potatoes in the oven, this recipe will turn your luck around. It’s easy to burn sweet potato fries because they are so small. In this recipe, the sweet potatoes bake in the oven as discs.
The edges caramelize from seasoned butter. And the insides are soft and fluffy like mashed potatoes. It’s almost impossible to burn this recipe.
This low-maintenance recipe takes about 45 minutes in the oven. Turn the buttered sweet potatoes halfway through, so each side crisps.
Buttery sweet potatoes look like art when plated with cilantro and bleu cheese. You can top them with any cheese, but a creamy, sharp bleu cheese is a perfect match for buttery sweet potatoes.
More recipes with cheese you might like…
- How to make pizza at home with store bought dough
- 50+ gourmet grilled cheese ideas
- Pear and goat cheese pizza
- Sous vide chicken wings with bleu cheese dressing
Like easy recipes?
Pair these buttery sweet potatoes with two ingredient pineapple mimosas for brunch.
Buttery sweet potatoes oven baked (Sip Bite Go)
These sheet pan buttery sweet potatoes are an easy sweet potato side dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. I love the combination of roasted sweet potatoes in butter with salty bleu cheese.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 4 tbsp bleu cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice peeled sweet potatoes into 1 inch discs.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mix together the butter, salt, and paprika and drizzle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the sweet potatoes and bake for another ~25 minutes, until the outsides are crispy.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and bleu cheese.
Amazon disclosure - We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.