Last updated on
At this moment, I am in love with pear recipes! Craving a more savory then sweet option, I made this pear and goat cheese pizza. In addition to pear, this goat cheese pizza has caramelized red onions, ham, garlic and cheddar.
Pear and goat cheese pizza
Dough for flatbread pizza
For this recipe, I use 365 pizza dough in a can. It’s the Whole Foods version of Pillsbury pizza dough. The dough is light and almost pastry-like.
You can also make this flatbread recipe on regular store bought pizza dough.
Goat cheese options
I love Cypress Groves goat cheese for pizza. It comes in a block and is easy to crumble.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors like honey goat cheese and truffle goat cheese. Buy goat cheese in a block, on a log, or crumbled. Gorgonzola also tastes great on a pear flatbread.
This pizza has become a crowd pleaser for game day at my house. It stands out in a sea of nachos, wings and buffalo cauliflower bites.
Instead of a standard cheese board, this pear and goat cheese pizza is a very unexpected holiday appetizer. Serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, you name it.
Once pears are out of season, you can use apples, cherries and other seasonal fruits in this flatbread pizza recipe. Your “never turning down a slice of pizza” blogger bud, Jenna.
More recipes with cheese you might like…
- How to make pizza at home with store bought dough
- 50+ gourmet grilled cheese ideas
- Buttery sweet potatoes oven baked with bleu cheese
- Sous vide chicken wings with bleu cheese dressing
Pear and goat cheese pizza with caramelized onions (Sip Bite Go)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp oil divided in half
- 1 packaged dough
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup ham diced
- 1/2 pear sliced
- 2/3 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp parsley
Make caramelized onions. Add onion, garlic, and oil to a pan on medium heat and stir regularly until brown, about 10 minutes. Drizzle more oil if the onions stick to the pan. Add wine, reduce to medium-low and cook until the wine is fully absorbed into the onions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, or as instructed on dough package. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil in a sheet pan and spread out the dough on top. Cook the dough plain for 8 minutes.
- Add toppings to pizza, starting with 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic. Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, ham, pear, caramelized onions and goat cheese. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake for 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I'd love to see your flatbread! Find me @sipbitego and tag #sipbitego on Instagram.
Amazon disclosure - We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.