Gosling’s Dark and Stormy cocktail is the most popular mixed drink from Bermuda! Channel “island time” with the traditional and super easy dark and stormy drink recipe. All you need are these ingredients: Gosling’s dark rum, ginger beer, and lime.
Dark and stormy ingredients
There are only three dark and stormy ingredients: dark rum, ginger beer, and lime.
The name “dark and stormy” speaks to the look of the cocktail when the dark rum gets poured on top of the ginger beer. It looks like dark and stormy clouds.
How to make Gosling’s dark and stormy cocktail
The secret to mixing a Gosling’s Dark and Stormy cocktail is to add the rum at the end, on top of the ginger beer. This creates the illusion of a “storm” in the glass.
Garnish the drink with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Did you know… Gosling’s Rum, a distillery based in Bermuda, trademarked the dark and stormy drink name. Any cocktail served under this name must use Gosling’s Dark Rum to be considered authentic.
Tasty tips and notes for making an authentic dark and stormy cocktail
- Don’t mix this Gosling’s Dark and Stormy cocktail too much before serving. You don’t want it to lose the stormy appeal.
- Alternatively, you can make a “light and stormy” with light rum.
- Have oranges? Replace the lime wedge with an orange slice to make an “orange and stormy”.
- In addition to using Gosling’s Rum, you can use Gosling’s ginger beer for this drink.
Love brunch? Check out this pineapple mimosa recipe.
Let me know when you make this Dark and Stormy cocktail. Be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe. It means so much to hear from Sip Bite Go readers and I love seeing photos of your food! Don’t forget to tag me @sipbitego on Instagram so I can see how the recipe turned out. For more ideas you’ll love, sign up for the Sip Bite Go newsletter.
Gosling's Dark and Stormy Cocktail Recipe (Sip Bite Go)
- 1.5 oz rum Gosling's Black
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 1 slice lime
- Fill ice to the top of a rocks glass. Fill the rocks glass with ¾ with ginger beer. Add Goslings Black Rum to the top. Let the rum float at the top of the drink so it looks "stormy" in the glass. Garnish with a lime.
- Don't mix this Gosling's Dark and Stormy cocktail too much before serving. You don't want it to lose the stormy appeal.
- Alternatively, you can make a "light and stormy" with light rum.
- Have oranges? Replace the lime wedge with an orange slice to make an "orange and stormy".
- In addition to using Gosling's Rum, you can use Gosling's ginger beer for this drink.
Leave a Reply