Want to make a delicious gluten free pizza in just 30 minutes? Try it on frozen broccoli pizza crust. In today’s cooking demo, you’ll learn to make this tasty tomato and pesto pizza recipe on Trader Joe’s Broccoli And Kale Pizza Crust. Let’s make it…
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the full-length recipe video and a review of this keto friendly Trader Joe’s Broccoli pizza crust.
Ingredients for this gluten free pizza recipe
You just need a handful of ingredients to make this pizza. You can get all of the ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
- Sauce: Trader Joe’s pizza sauce (use any tomato sauce) with a sprinkle of Italian seasonings.
- Cheese: mozzarella or Italian blend.
- Flavorful toppings: a juicy red tomato (sliced in half inch circles), with spoonfuls of pesto, and fresh parsley.
Broccoli pizza crust
There are so many healthy Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough options to choose from. The base of this pizza demonstration is Trader Joe’s Broccoli And Kale Pizza Crust. You can also make this on their cauliflower pizza crust, or any gluten free or keto friendly pizza crust you’d like.
To use regular flour pizza dough with these toppings, see my recipe for making pizza with store bought dough.
How to make this pizza
Now let’s walk through the steps to make Trader Joe’s Broccoli & Kale Pizza Crust taste delicious with gourmet, keto friendly pizza toppings.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove Trader Joe’s broccoli and kale pizza crust from the package and plastic wrap.
Step 2. Place the broccoli pizza crust upside down on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Bake broccoli crust for 10 minutes.
Step 3. Flip the crust over, and bake for an 10 minutes, or until the edges of the broccoli and kale pizza base begin to turn brown and become crispy. Remove from the oven and set the broiler to high.
Step 4. Top the parbaked pizza crust with pizza sauce and a sprinkle of Italian seasonings. Add the mozzarella cheese and sliced tomato. Add spoonfuls of pesto on top of the tomato slices.
Step 5. Broil broccoli crust pizza until toppings are bubbling and begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with a sprinkle of parsley, slice and serve.
FAQs for Trader Joe’s broccoli kale pizza
Here are the broccoli pizza crusts cooking instructions from the package:
“Conventional oven: Preheat conventional oven to 450°F. Remove all packaging from the crust and place upside down on a lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turn the crust over, and bake for an additional 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are crispy.
For a crispier crust, broil for an additional 4-5 minutes or until browned. Top with desired sauce and toppings and return to broil until topping is bubbly and browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.”
The secret is in the crispiness of the crust. You don’t want it to be soggy, which could happen if you don’t cook it thoroughly. In the recipe video, you’ll see the bottom of the pizza crust was browned before adding on the toppings and broiling them. A crisp crust is key.
It’s definitely a great pizza for keto friendly diets. You can tell you’re eating broccoli. But the consistency and texture is delicious. It tastes slightly healthier than traditional pizza dough. It tasted like eating a pizza with broccoli on it. The pesto is a really nice flavor combo for this gluten free pizza crust.
More recipes using Trader Joe’s ingredients
Are you a Trader Joe’s enthusiast, too? I love planning grocery trips to Trader Joe’s. It’s almost like a vacation… strolling up and down the aisles to discover new things. When I come home, I’m inspired to develop new recipes.
My best recipes using Trader Joe’s products end up here on Sip Bite Go…
- Cauliflower Rice. Use it in place of bread crumbs in Hawaiian pineapple bbq meatballs and as a filling for cheesy Italian stuffed peppers. Also try it in a vegetable stir fry with cauliflower rice.
- Ready Made Pizza Dough. I’m a huge fan of making pizza at home and have extensive information on how to use Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough.
- Frozen Pizza Crust. Learn how to make frozen pizza crust taste amazing.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. This is super delicious on focaccia bread with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Frozen Gyoza and Potstickers. These are great in frozen vegetable stir frys. See my guide to Trader Joe’s chicken cilantro mini wontons or Trader Joe’s vegetable gyoza.
- Frozen Ravioli. Sometimes I just serve it with tomato sauce. Other times, I go a little nuts and make ravioli pizza with store bought Alfredo sauce.
- Spice Kits. Did you know you can buy Trader Joe’s products online? This Trader Joe’s spice kit inspires so many recipes in my house.
- Cheese. The cheese case at Trader Joe’s is undeniably amazing. Use it for potatoes gratin with frozen vegetables, this recipe for baked shells with ground beef, or in potato side dish recipes.
Are you a foodie, too?
If you want to get extra fancy, make your own pesto with my basil spinach pesto recipe. It’s delicious!
So I want to know what you think and see photos of your food! Find me on Instagram @sipbitego to tag me and connect.
Gluten Free Pizza On Trader Joe’s Broccoli And Kale Pizza Crust Recipe | Sip Bite Go
- 1 Trader Joe's broccoli and kale pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s pizza sauce substitute tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- 1 cup cheese mozzarella or Italian blend
- 2 medium tomato sliced ½”
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Remove Trader Joe's broccoli and kale pizza crust from the package and plastic wrap.
- Place the broccoli pizza crust upside down on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Bake broccoli crust for 10 minutes.
- Flip the crust over, and bake for an 10 minutes, or until the edges of the broccoli and kale pizza base begin to turn brown and become crispy. Remove from the oven and set the broiler to high.
- Top the parbaked pizza crust with pizza sauce and a sprinkle of Italian seasonings. Add the mozzarella cheese and sliced tomato. Add spoonfuls of pesto on top of the tomato slices.
- Broil broccoli crust pizza until toppings are bubbling and begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with a sprinkle of parsley, slice and serve.