Here’s one for your next cheese plate. Make your own sesame bagel chips. These DIY crackers can be made from any bagel. Pumpernickel, everything, and sesame bagel chips are good options.
Seasoning ideas for sesame bagel chips
- Dried herbs like oregano or basil
- Fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro
- Minced garlic, shallots, onions
Here’s a look at these flavors on a French baguette.
Sesame bagel chips store in an air tight container for 2-3 days. They also taste great warm, right out of the oven.
Sesame Bagel Chips
- 1 bagel
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp herbs (dry/fresh, your combo choice)
- salt + pepper
- Set your oven to 375.
- Slice your bagel to desired thickness for chips, lay on baking sheets.
- FLAVOR TIME! In a bowl, mix olive oil with flavorful ingredients of your choice. Garlic is highly recommended and will give the bagel bites immediate flavor punch. Chop up any fresh herbs you have available and/or use dried herbs. Use equal parts olive oil to the other ingredients you mix in. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon to smear bagel chip seasonings. Don't soak them, just get some of the seasonings on each and they will crunch up just fine.
- Pop in the oven for 10-20 minutes, checking as they cook to see if they are crunchy and ready to eat.