Contrary to my poor eyesight, I just love carrots. This recipe for maple balsamic glazed carrots is easy enough to whip up for a weeknight. And impressive enough to make for a holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
You probably have all the ingredients you need to make maple balsamic glazed carrots on hand. Use equal parts balsamic, olive oil and maple syrup. Season the dressing with a pinch of paprika before mixing in the carrots.
Once these puppies are out of the oven, sprinkle some salt and parsley for a fresh finish.
For a variation, swap honey or brown sugar for the maple syrup.
Not big on paprika? What other spices do you have? Cinnamon will spice things up. Or cumin. Or Cajun.
Maple balsamic glazed carrots
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup (sub honey or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 dashes paprika (sub cinnamon)
- 6 carrots cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and slice carrots to render 4-8 carrot sticks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, paprika.
- Add carrots to glaze, coat evenly. Pour any remaining delicious glaze over carrots.
- Assemble carrots on a baking pan lined with parchment (you'll thank yourself later).
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip and finish for 5 more minutes to crisp up all sides.
Amazon disclosure - We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.