Do you own a fork? Then you can make DIY pom poms with yarn.
Here’s an easy-to-master gift wrap technique you’ll use for holidays around the year: DIY yarn pom poms. No knitting skills required. Just grab a fork, scissors + yarn to make eye-catching gifts that are fluffy on the outside (just like those red flannel pjs on the inside). These little fuzzies take just 30 seconds or less to make.
The bigger the fork, the bigger the pom pom
Since looping yarn around fork spokes won’t ruin your silverware, dig up serving forks you save for special holiday meals. Grab a few forks of various sizes to create an assortment of pom poms.
I made this video to show you what it looks like to use the fork…
- yarn (2′ long segment per pom pom ball)
1. Measure your gift + set aside a piece of yarn long enough to tie around it (later).
2. Take about 2′ of yarn and loop it snugly around the fork, 30-40 times (form a 1” wide strip).
3. With the piece of yarn you measured for your gift, tie a knot around the center of the 1″ strip of fork yarn.
4. Slide the fork yarn off, and tie another knot with the gift wrap yarn piece. (just to be sure!)