Turn any can or jar of artichokes into a tasty chicken dish. See how to make my easy artichoke chicken breast dinner with vegetables and a tasty sauce. Let’s make it!
Why my chicken artichoke recipe is so good
- It’s a super easy chicken breast dinner idea.
- Ready in about 30 minutes.
- You’ll learn exactly how to season chicken breasts with artichokes from a jar or can.
- There’s a recipe video to help you, at the bottom of the post.
First time cooking with artichokes? They’re a tasty way to add flavor… they’re similar to sous vide asparagus and Brussels sprouts.
Here’s what you need to make this simple chicken and artichoke recipe.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning, dried
- Garlic powder
- Pepper, black
- Olive oil
- Onion (yellow or walla walla)
- Pepper (red or orange)
Artichoke chicken sauce
- Wine (any red or white – optional)
- Artichoke hearts or store bought artichoke spread, marinated artichokes, etc. (or use another sauce like romesco, or basil spinach pesto)
- Parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Lemon wedges (to garnish, optional)
How to make artichoke chicken breast
Now let’s turn a can or jar of artichokes into a tasty chicken dish…
Below is a quick overview of the recipe – see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for a full walk-through.
Cook chicken and vegetables…
- Season chicken breast.
- Cook the vegetables (onion, red pepper, carrot, and shallot). Stir regularly for about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and chicken breast to the center of the pan. Sear chicken about 3 minutes on each side.
Make sauce for artichoke chicken breast
- Add all sauce ingredients to the pan with chicken and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil and bake for 10-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Chicken is done cooking when an internal meat thermometer measures a safe 165 degrees F.
- Plate artichoke chicken breast with cooked vegetables, sauce, and parmesan cheese. Squeeze on lemon wedges and enjoy.
Have a pellet grill? See how to make smoked chicken thighs.
Yes, skin on or skinless boneless chicken thighs are a great alternative in this recipe. If you use bone in chicken thighs, note that the recipe will take longer.
To make this dish creamy, add ¼ cup heavy cream right before adding the chicken to the oven to finish cooking. Check out my recipe for stuffed chicken breast with ham for inspiration. It has a tasty creamy sauce.
You can find artichoke products everywhere from gourmet markets to pretty common grocery stores like Trader Joe’s and even big box stores. Costco artichoke hearts or artichokes in oil are a good option for this recipe. They also sell frozen artichoke hearts you can thaw, chop up, and use in this. The Kirkland marinated mushrooms or artichoke pesto would be tasty in this, too.
Spinach and artichokes go together. Try a side baby spinach salad or this kale apple slaw for a healthy side dish option. Alternatively, you could add the chicken on top of salad greens for a beautiful presentation. For starch, a baking dish of potatoes gratin with vegetables is always a good choice.
Side dish ideas
- Loaded baked potato soup
- Air fryer chicken wings
- Potato recipes
- Stuffed shells
- Sautéed onions and peppers
- White sauce
- Baked chicken wings
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Spinach pesto pasta
- Make ahead Mexican salad
- Best Caprese salad
- Creamy pesto pasta salad
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Focaccia bread
- Sausage stuffing
- See all side dishes
Are you a foodie, too?
To get my latest and greatest recipes before they’re shared on the site, connect with me on Instagram @sipbitego. And for more deliciousness, subscribe to the Sip Bite Go channel and see the Sip Bite Go recipe collection.
Easy Artichoke Chicken Breast Dinner With Vegetables Recipe | Sip Bite Go
- large pan
For the chicken breast
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning dried
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper black
For the vegetables
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil divided
- ½ medium onion diced (yellow or walla walla)
- ½ medium pepper diced (red or orange)
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 2 tbsp shallot diced
For the artichoke chicken sauce
- 2 tbsp wine any red or white – optional
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth or water
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts (substitute artichoke spread, marinated artichokes, etc. or use another sauce like romesco, or pesto)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese for serving
- ½ medium lemon wedges (to garnish, optional)
For cooking the vegetables and chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep the chicken breast. I prefer to remove chicken breasts from the package and butterfly them, or slice them through the center horizontally to make 4 thinner pieces out of the 2 chicken breasts, so they cook faster.
- In a small bowl mix together the spices: Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle seasonings all over the chicken breast. Set aside.
- Cook the vegetables. Set a large pan on the stove and turn the burner to medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and all the vegetables: diced onion, red pepper, carrot, and shallot. Stir regularly every 30-60 seconds, for about 5 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the outside of the pan.
- Add ½ tbsp of olive oil to the center of the pan.
- Add chicken breast to the center of the pan. Sear for about 3 minutes on each side. Pan seared chicken breast is ready for the next step when it’s golden brown on the outside. Remember to stir vegetables while the chicken cooks so they don’t burn.
How to make sauce for artichoke chicken breast
- Add all sauce ingredients to the pan with chicken. Stir around so the flavors mix together.
- Optional – Add an internal thermometer to the chicken if you have one that’s oven safe like in my video.
- Carefully cover the pan with a lid or foil (use potholders to help since the pan will be hot).
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Chicken is done cooking when an internal meat thermometer measures a safe 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven. Keep covered with foil to keep it warm.
- Plate artichoke chicken breast. Top with cooked vegetables, sauce, and parmesan cheese. Squeeze on lemon wedges and enjoy.